Ancient Italians were renowned for eating every part of the angels they hunted—even the hair. Enjoy divine flavour with this Groupon.
C$99 for a five-course Italian meal for two (C$185 value)
Each person receives:
- Prosciutto-wrapped shrimp with wild mushrooms on soft polenta
- Carpaccio-vegetable-barley soup
- Oven-dried tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella and crisp pancetta rings topped with arugula greens and aged balsamic vinegar
- Double-boned lamb chop served with roasted-garlic-potato purée and pecan pesto
- Warm pear tart with rum-and-raisin ice cream
Amici Restaurant and Bombolini Wine Bar
At Amici Restaurant and Bombolini Wine Bar, Executive Chef Patrick Shrupka and Chef Todd Bjornson draw inspiration from Northern Italy to craft upscale Mediterranean entrees. Frommer's dubs the fine-dining restaurant the "pinnacle of sublime Northern Italian cuisine." The menu rotates, but past favourites have included antipasti such as beef carpaccio and gnocchi in an herbed brie cream. Main dishes run the gamut from fresh fettuccine to roasted lamb rack; pair each with wine from the eatery's impressive selection. Adventurous eaters can sample some of the more exotic dishes, which incorporate ostrich, wild boar, bison, and venison. The staff is happy to accommodate food allergies, dietary preferences, and napkin phobias.