Eating is necessary for human survival, along with breathing, sleeping, and remaining still while a curious velociraptor rummages through your closet. Practice survival tactics with today’s Groupon to An American Bistro in Tuckahoe. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a three-course American dinner for two (up to an $80.65 value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to an $11.75 value)
- Two entrees (up a $55.90 value)
- One dessert (an $8 value)
- Two nonalcoholic beverages (a $5 value)
- For $69, you get a three-course American dinner for four (up to $161.30 value) that includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $23.50 value)
- Four entrees (up to a $111.80 value)
- Two desserts (a $16 value)
- Four nonalcoholic beverages (a $10 value)
An American Bistro's husband-and-wife duo dishes up eclectic American fare and homemade desserts in a charming eatery festooned with kaleidoscopic murals and modern chandelier lighting. Hungry duos and harmonizing barbershop quartets forge a fitting epicurean prologue from a list of appetizers, such as the pan-seared sea scallops swathed in roasted mashed cauliflower, prosciutto, and shallot-current vinaigrette. With palates primed, diners peruse a menu of entrees before slicing Excalibur’s serrated offspring into a succulent braised-beef brisket or signature herb-roasted half chicken, replete with optional helpings of hot cherry peppers. Sated groups can end meals with a friendly knife-juggling competition or a house-made dessert, including an ice-cream sundae studded with macaroons that coast down gullets on frosty waves of nonalcoholic thirst-quenchers.
The restaurant’s vibrant murals accompany burnished-wood furnishings and decorative carpeting to foster a sophisticated milieu for communal noshing. Those in search of casual chow can sidle up to the full-service bar, a stylish setting fashioned with flickering TVs, multihued lamps, and a studio audience.