Learning to knit relieves stress through repetitive motions and the knowledge that you can always escape police detection in a flock of sheep. Pick up survival skills with this Groupon.
$19 for Two-Class Beginning Knitting Course ($40 Value)
Choose from the following dates:
- Sundays, April 29 and May 6, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays, May 9 and May 16, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesdays, May 23 and May 30, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays, June 3 and June 10, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays, June 6 and June 13, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays, June 6 and June 13, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesdays, June 20 and June 27, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays, June 20 and June 27, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays, July 1 and July 8, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays, July 18 and July 25, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays, July 18 and July 25, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays, July 22 and July 29, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.<p>
Under the tutelage of instructor Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli, up to 16 students per class learn the basics of knitting, from the cast-on, knit, and purl stitches to simple increases and decreases. Each student needs a set of knitting needles in size 10.5 or 11 and one ball of chunky-weight smooth yarn in a light solid color. Participants may bring their own supplies or take advantage of a 10% discount on supplies in the store, where the average price will range from $14 to $20.<p>
Anacapa Fine Yarns
The knitting instructors and enthusiasts at Anacapa Fine Yarns foster a welcoming, serene environment in which beginners and experts alike can further their skills and pick up supplies for their next project. A diverse offering of classes ranges from beginning knitting to more advanced classes such as Jumbo Gnome, in which students craft an 18" tall gnome, and Continental Converts, which teaches a quicker method for churning out scarves to stave off threats of snowman rebellion. Instruction takes place in a 1,900-square-foot classroom separate from the shop area, transforming on Thursday nights into an open workshop for anyone who'd like to work on a personal project alongside friends.