Learning to knit relieves stress through repetitive motions and the knowledge that you can always escape police detection in a flock of sheep. Pick up survival skills with this Groupon.
$19 for a Two-Class Beginning-Knitting Course ($40 Value)
Choose from the following dates:
- Sundays, June 2 and June 9, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, June 23 and June 30, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, July 21 and July 28, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, August 4 and August 11, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays, August 25 and September 1, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays, August 7 and August 14, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesdays, August 21 and August 28, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesdays, June 18 and June 25, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, July 16 and July 23, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, July 30 and August 6, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Under the tutelage of instructor Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli, up to 16 students per class learn the basics of knitting, from the cast-on, knit, and purl stitches to simple increases and decreases. Each student needs a set of knitting needles in size 10.5 or 11 and one ball of chunky-weight smooth yarn in a light solid color. Participants may bring their own supplies or take advantage of a 10% discount on supplies in the store, where the average price is $14–$20.
Anacapa Fine Yarns
The knitting instructors and enthusiasts at Anacapa Fine Yarns foster a welcoming, serene environment in which beginners and experts alike can further their skills and pick up supplies for their next project. A diverse offering of classes ranges from beginning knitting to more advanced classes such as Jumbo Gnome, in which students craft an 18" tall gnome, and Continental Converts, which teaches a quicker method for churning out scarves to stave off threats of snowman rebellion. Instruction takes place in a 1,900-square-foot classroom separate from the shop area, transforming on Thursday nights into an open workshop for anyone who'd like to work on a personal project alongside friends.