What You'll Get
- Click here to buy for Saturday, September 12
- Click here to buy for Sunday, September 13
- Click here to buy for Saturday, September 19
- Click here to buy for Sunday, September 20
|_Jump to: Reviews||How to Properly Taste Wine_|
Take a leisurely drive through the idyllic Napa Valley for today’s Groupon to Old World romance and scenic sips at Andretti Winery. With today’s deal, $20 gets you and a fellow wine-lover a flight of five tastings and a vineyard tour at Andretti Winery (a $40 value), plus 20% off all wine and merchandise purchased that day. See above for the four available dates.
From the moment you approach the Tuscan-style villa and impeccably manicured grounds of Andretti Winery, you’ll be carried away with the sights and smells of the Italian countryside. Tour the vineyard during harvest surrounded by majestic vines and dutiful harvesters, then taste five of Andretti’s respectable wines in the intimate tasting room. You’ll fall in love with Andretti’s notable whites, like pinot grigio and chardonnay. With a 20% discount, you can take home bottles of your favorites to relive the breathtaking scenery, delicious flavors, and Mario Andretti at your dinner table.
The Andretti Winery is making news with good reviews among Napa Valley wine buffs: > * Bob Pepi, a veteran winemaker and grape-grower, makes Andretti’s wines. He was instrumental in developing the “two-hearted-canopy” trellis system that is now used throughout the industry…Try the Napa Valley Zinfandel-Primitivo Blend, the classic Sangiovese or the Pinot Grigio. – California Winery Advisor > * A low-key tasting room with friendly and informative staffers, a laid-back overall vibe and surprisingly solid wines make Andretti Winery a sure-fire addition to our will return to list. – The Cork Board
Yelpers give the Andretti Winery’s Tasting Room 3.5 stars and the Andretti Wine Group four stars: > * I’ve been to this winery mulitple [sic] times and have always received excellent and attentive service. The grounds are picturesque, perfect for a photo. – A to the C. > * The pour is huge and they have been more than willing to give refills when i have been here. The location and terrace is really very lovely. – Kate B. > * We found we were surprised too! Outstanding, rich flavors, quiet, charming and of course knowledgeable/friendly staff make this a MUST for your tours! – Mike G.
How to Properly Taste Wine
For total wine enjoyment, the wine drinker must engage in a multi-step process designed to enhance the flavor, the body, and the unique characteristics with each sip:
- Give the wine in your glass one of three names: Gary, Darryl, or Garryl.
- Bring the wine glass to your right eye and stare deeply into it for at least 30 minutes until you can no longer tell where the wine ends and you begin.
- Starting with your left pinky and moving right, fully submerge each of your fingers into the wine glass until all fingers are in the glass.
- Take a sip and slosh it around. When someone gives you some surprising news, spit it out.
- Put all of the wine from your glass into your mouth, but don’t swallow. When all the wine is in there, open your mouth and say, “Keys. Once angry keeping flagrant.” Enjoy the wine that is left in your mouth.
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 20, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Ages 21 and up. May purchase multiples as gifts. Only available for Sept 12, 13, 19, and 20. Twenty percent discount covers wine purchased that day. Open 10am-5pm with tours at 11am and 3pm. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.