What You'll Get
- One Anime USA 2017 Regular Membership, Valid December 8–10
Members are allowed to participate in all three days of the convention. Some events may require an additional fee or be restricted, such as 18+ panels, CCG tournaments, and receptions.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 10, 2017. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. This membership is good for all three days of the convention. This level entails you to a convention badge that gives normal access to Anime USA convention for the entire weekend. Some events may require an additional fee or be restricted, i.e., 18+ panels, CCG tournaments, receptions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Anime USA
Anime USA was founded in 1999, when a group of fans—affectionately calling themselves otaku—conceived a convention for themselves and their peers. It was designed to be a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, music, video games, fashion, and more, separate from the overwhelming nature of the more corporate cons. Nearly two decades later, it's still putting on annual events in the DMV area as a educational nonprofit run by volunteers.
Here's a little of what you can expect:
- Workshops and panels hosted by specialists in certain areas of fan culture
- Appearances by voice actors, geek historians, and famed cosplayers
- Artist Alley and the Dealers' Room, where fans have a chance to buy swag related to their favorite creations and makers get to interact with one another
- Cosplay opportunities ranging from a competition that evaluates skill, intricacy, and accuracy to a free-wheeling masquerade featuring performers
- Socializing in several forms: a themed formal ball; J-rock and J-pop karaoke; a Japanese-style maid café, where costumed waitresses cater to patrons' whims; and the opposite, a Host Club featuring male servers