The annually held convention gathers numerous fans of the Japanese animated art
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- General admission
- The admission includes normal access to the convention that is good for three days of the event.
- Some events might require an additional fee or might be for participants aged 18 or older.
- Free admission for children under 5 with an accompanying adult
- Date: November 1–3, 2019
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 3, 2019. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. Valid for all three days of the convention. Some events might require an additional fee or might be for participants aged 18 or older. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Anime USA
Anime USA was founded in 1999, when a group of fans—affectionately calling themselves otaku—conceived a convention for themselves and their peers. It was designed to be a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, music, video games, fashion, and more, separate from the overwhelming nature of the more corporate cons. Nearly twenty years later, it's still putting on annual events in the DMV area as a educational nonprofit run by volunteers.
Here's a little of what you can expect:
- Workshops and panels hosted by specialists in certain areas of fan culture
- Appearances by voice actors, geek historians, and famed cosplayers
- Artist Alley and the Dealers' Room, where fans have a chance to buy swag related to their favorite creations and makers get to interact with one another
- Cosplay opportunities ranging from a competition that evaluates skill, intricacy, and accuracy to a free-wheeling masquerade featuring performers
- Socializing in several forms: a themed formal ball; J-rock and J-pop karaoke; a Japanese-style maid café, where costumed waitresses cater to patrons' whims; and the opposite, a Host Club featuring male servers