Photographers preserve subjects’ precious memories, abolishing the need to hastily scoop reflections out of nearby fountains. Seek permanence with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$59 for an Introduction to Photography class (a $135 value)
- Led by award-winning nature photographer Stephen W. Oachs
- Covers essential topics including aperture, shutter speed, white balance, and ISO
- Student prizes and other discounts
$59 for an Introduction to Printing class (a $135 value)
- Led by Canvas Worthy’s master printer Jan Silverman
- Covers the camera settings to produce great prints, what makes a good photo printer, and the process of importing, processing, and printing a digital image with Photoshop, Lightroom, or a printing service.
All classes are approximately 3.5-hours long.
Recipient of the National Wildlife Federation's 2007 Photographer of the Year and National Geographic's 2008 Best Nature Photographer awards, Aperture Academy founder Stephen Oachs has dedicated himself to passing on camera know-how to newly minted picture snappers alongside a team of pro teachers. His beautiful, wood-floored studio and gallery hosts classes that usher beginners through their first forays into photography. These sessions impart such advanced techniques as high-quality printing and using Photoshop to give red eye to every family member who refused to say "cheese." Workshops spirit students to beautiful locales throughout California, giving budding photographers the chance to hone their skills in stunning natural environments.
100% of 31 customers recommend
“Keep up the great work!”
“The instructor was extremely knowledgable and he was a great teacher. He made the class fun, all while giving good instructions and information. I would highly...”
“The instructor was extremely knowledgable and he was a great teacher. He made the class fun, all while giving good instructions and information. I would highly recommend!!”