All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Old Timey–Good Timey
Your feet do so much for you daily, from walking you to work in the morning to dispensing life-saving kicks to the nose of a curious shark. Today's Groupon lets you reward your feet, or "ankle-hands," with a custom massage and exfoliating foot treatment at Apothecary Wellness Spa in the Federal Hill neighborhood for $45 (a $95 value). Apothecary Wellness is a holistic and organic health hideaway that Baltimore Magazine named Best Holistic Spa in 2009.
This Groupon gets you a one-hour custom massage plus Apothecary Wellness's signature foot treatment. The massage combines circulatory, deep tissue, range of motion, stretching, and acupressure techniques to fulfill the fanciful fancies of any back's ambition. Then the 15-minute aromatherapy foot treatment relaxes, softens, and invigorates tired toes and heels by using a signature blend of essential oils and soothing frequencies that human ears can't hear but toes find blissful.
Apothecary Wellness's staff of licensed massage therapists works to provide quality treatment along with quality relaxation, so that the experience soothes sore sacra even as it mollifies muddled minds. The Zen-like atmosphere (hardwood floors, high ceilings, and plenty of natural light) is comfortable, and Apothecary's eco-friendly towels, organic skincare products, and cups of fair-trade teas ensure that your therapeutic massage won't result in the spontaneous combustion of a panda, like your dyspeptic grandfather always warned would happen. Call ahead to book an appointment.
Baltimore Magazine named Apothecary Wellness Spa the Best Holistic Spa in 2009:
- Try not to weep with joy as the ladies of Apothecary Wellness tend to anything that ails you, from lower back pain to knots in your shoulder blades to mottled skin. Unlike many spa settings that are all about the artifice without delivering high-quality treatment, Rachel Costello (a licensed massage therapist) and Christine Cochrum (a clinical nutritionist and aesthetician specializing in holistic skin care) offer all the accoutrements – Baltimore Magazine
- they... know how to give a really good massage. The therapist actually took the time to talk to me about my back and neck issues and worked on the area that I have the most problems with. It was a relaxing massage, but my back and neck have never felt better. – Carol W., Insider Pages
- The atmosphere & service were top notch! –Valisha J., Insider Pages
- I absolutely LOVE seeing Christine Cochrum. She is a great therapist and you can really truly see how much she loves her clients and enjoys what she does. I HIGHLY recommend seeing her – Stephanie M., Insider Pages
Old Timey–Good Timey
Despite its modern conveniences, Apothecary Wellness Spa's therapists choose to sport the timeless banner of "apothecary," a somewhat old-timey way of saying pharmacist. What other businesses have been riding the wave of anachronism-cool lately?
- Chirurgeon-Barber Lucius Windcroft’s Leeches-While-You-Wait
- Game ‘N’ Trade: Cobbler, Milliner, and Purveyor of Xbox Accessories
- Smokey T. Goodforyou: Licensed Tobacconist
- CraftyGrrl’s Ironmongery and Constabulary
- MC Extreme’s Juvenile Haberdashery
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 14, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. By appointment only. Credit card required at reservation. Gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Apothecary Wellness
Apothecary Wellness Spa's service menu may be long and diverse, but every treatment has one thing in common: holistic, eco-friendly products and techniques that calm the mind and reveal beauty naturally. Facials rely on formulas from Naturopathica and Ilike Organic Skincare to purify and revitalize complexions through fully personalized treatments, each of which include soothing massages and a bounty of hot towels. Custom-massage sessions benefit from the addition of individually blended essential oils, and body treatments soften the skin by imparting essences of wholesome fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Even the waxing treatments take a natural approach by using Nufree, a plant-based, hair-removal formula that's naturally antibacterial and free of waxes and sugars, resulting in less skin irritation than the hard waxes or recently-lit birthday candles used by other spas.