What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for membership ($40 value) with admission to a private movie screening ($30 value) for one ($70 total value)
- $30 for membership ($80 value) with admission to a private movie screening ($60 value) for two ($140 total value)
- Oversized Appalachian Trail strip map (for new members)
- Six issues of A.T. Journeys Magazine and monthly e-newsletter
- Discounts at the Ultimate Appalachian Trail Store and other retailers
- Volunteer opportunities and invitations to special events
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy will also screen a film, The Appalachian Trail: An American Legacy, host guest speakers, and give away prizes at events across the country. The film will be shown in Washington, DC, at The Avalon Theatre on Thursday, October 9, at 8 p.m. Guest speakers include ATC’s CEO Ron Tipton, director of marketing and communications Javier Folgar, and retired NASA astronaut Guy Gardner. Learn more here.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 9, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Appalachian Trail Conservancy
The Appalachian Trail stretches from Georgia to Maine, running 2,180 miles over mountains, rocky slopes, and deep valleys. Since it was established in 1925, the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) has cared for the trail, maintaining 250,000 acres of public land. The organization educates hikers on Leave No Trace camping and why it's not a good idea to challenge a bear to a hugging contest.
Volunteers and trail crews build and repair shelters along the footpath and engage youth and community members in outdoor activities. In addition to these human-oriented services, the ATC works to protect endangered species living along the trail and to preserve the land's watershed streams and migratory corridor.