Seeing a play, like drinking wine, can induce laughter, tears, and the courage to stand up on a chair and throw roses at a stranger. Get a taste of both theater and wine with today's Groupon: for $31, you get one ticket to The Applause Factory's production of Wine Lovers: The Wine-Tasting Musical at Universal Preservation Hall in Saratoga Springs (a $59 value). Choose from the following shows:
• Tuesday, August 9 at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 10 at 7 p.m.
• Thursday, August 11 at 7 p.m.
• Friday, August 12 at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, August 13 at 2 p.m.
• Saturday, August 13 at 7 p.m.
• Sunday, August 14 at 2 p.m.
• Sunday, August 14 at 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 16 at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 17 at 7 p.m.
• Thursday, August 18 at 7 p.m.
• Friday, August 19 at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, August 20 at 2 p.m.
• Saturday, August 20 at 7 p.m.
• Sunday, August 21 at 2 p.m.
• Sunday, August 21 at 7 p.m.
Wine Lovers fuses wine-tasting with musical theater to take tasters on a tuneful, comedic, and informative journey intermingling wine and romance. Members of the audience sit around tables before the stage, sipping on six different kinds of wine along with the cast as songs are sung, plots thicken, and out-of-work, teenage mimes hijack the third act. Produced, directed, and choreographed by artists with Broadway experience, the play revolves around the budding relationship between a winsome painter and a proud businesswoman as they work with a vivacious teacher to untangle the mysteries of the Dionysian beverage. Listen to the cool notes of a jazzy score float around the enchanting, Gothic interior of Universal Preservation Hall while learning about the complex notes of various wines over the course of an exciting 70-minute show.
25 Washington Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866