Children or adults learn how to swim in mermaid-modeled monofins
What You'll Get
- Introduction to Mermaid Swimming; valid towards either kid’s class or adult class
- Tail rental is included in Groupon price
Classes take place Sundays 11 a.m. for children 7-12 years old and 12 p.m. for teenagers and adults.
- Welcome to mermaid swimming and stretching
- 5 minutes on how to wear and take care of your mermaid tail
- 10 minutes of swimming warm-up without the tail and swimming level evaluation
- 5 minutes of swimming with the mermaid tail and floaties
- 10 minutes of swimming without floaties
- 20 minutes of swimming techniques
The Fine Print
About AquaMermaid School
In The Little Mermaid, Ariel yearns for a pair of human legs. But that was just a fairy tale—in real life, everyone yearns for a mermaid tail. At AquaMermaid School of Chicago, dreams can come true, as human swimmers—adults and kids alike—transform into shimmering, graceful mermaids with the help of artificial tails complete with colorful scales and broad, delicate fins. Before they can glide through the water, though, students have to learn how to swim with the apparatus. During classes or parties, instructors progress from basic tail-swimming lessons to advanced techniques such as underwater choreography. Many times, a course or birthday bash will conclude with a photoshoot, so mermaids can immortalize their new moves and prove their mermaid pedigrees to skeptical seagulls.