All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed October 10, 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012
What You'll Get
Supermarkets bombard ears with an unpleasant cacophony of squeaky shopping carts, droning sales announcements, and the desperate death rattle of expiring canned goods. Gather dinner fixings sans din with today's Groupon to Arganica Farm Club. Choose from three options:
- For $25, you get a one-month membership and one produce box (a $55 value).
- For $70, you get a three-month membership, two produce boxes, and a $25 gift card toward groceries (a $155 value).
- For $140, you get a six-month membership, three produce boxes, and three $25 gift cards toward groceries (a $290 value).
Locally sourced and sustainable staples grace doorsteps and kitchens throughout the region thanks to Arganica Farm Club's innovative grocery service. Each exceptional edible includes information on its origin, with grocery gurus striving to source every bit of cheese, meat, dairy, produce, and more from local producers who employ sustainable, spray-free, and free-range methods. Unlike the wasteful baby bundles of the mainstream stork industry, every delivery of exceedingly fresh fare comes in a sustainable handmade wooden crate.
The sustenance selection varies weekly and includes items and prices comparable to local grocery stores, but it gets a fresh, eco-friendly edge with items such as artisan virgin olive oil sourced in Charlottesville, Virginia, arriving in attractive and returnable glass bottles ($19.18 for 16 oz). Breakfasts will bloom with fresh bagels from Charlottesville ($6.25 for a half dozen) paired with handmade sliced bacon from Steelton, Pennsylvania ($8.21 per lb), and free-range eggs from Lancaster, Pennsylvania ($3.95 per dozen). Herbivores can hone in on tofu tastes ranging from plain to Italian herb ($2.59-$3.45 per lb), and seven-grain organic bread from Afton, Virginia ($3.65 for a loaf), teams up with luscious artisan gouda from Crozet, Virginia ($9.99 for 1/3 lb), to make a delicious cheese sandwich or decadent reverse cheese sandwich.
Arganica Farm Club's delivery system allays the gas-guzzling and parking woes of regular trips to the store, in addition to preserving farmland and enriching the local economy by doing business with community producers. A fleet of comestible convoys makes deliveries between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays and between 4 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Sundays. Produce pursuers should check the delivery-area map to ensure groceries are capable of reaching their kitchen, outdoor camp stove, or plastic toy oven.
Express Night Out, Richmond BizSense, Examiner.com, and My So-Called Knife favorably featured Arganica Farm Club. 1,400 Facebookers like it. Reviews are mixed on the ordering process and delivery, but they praise the convenience of the program.
- Thanks to Arganica, Richmonders can skip waiting in line at the grocery store on Sunday and instead sit back with a cup of coffee and wait for the groceries to come to them. – Aimee DuFresne, Examiner
- But rest assured, it is some amazing food. And it’s so great how easy they make things for me – I still go to the market every once in awhile if I need to, but being able to have all my meat, produce, dairy, etc., delivered every single week – well, like I said I am able to get about 95% of my food through this now. And really, that’s just awesome. – My So-Called Knife
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 21, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Delivery fee included. Gift cards may not be combined for 1 delivery. Limit 3 bottles in a dairy package per delivery. Click here for valid delivery areas. No cash value. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.