What You'll Get
The holidays bring all sorts of dilemmas, such as what to get the person who likes nothing and when to begin blocking off the chimney. Solve one of these problems with today’s Groupon to Arganica Farm Club. Choose between the following options:
- For $95, you get a three-month membership package (a $200 total value). The package includes:
- One fresh or frozen free-range 16–20-pound turkey (an $85 value)
- One mixed organic and local produce crate (a $35 value)
- A three-month membership, which includes weekly deliveries (an $80 value)<p>
- For $149, you get a six-month membership package (a $315 total value). The package includes:
- One fresh or frozen free-range 20–24-pound turkey (a $105 value)
- Two mixed organic and local produce crates (a $70 value)
- A six-month membership, which includes weekly deliveries (a $140 value)
To be delivered fresh, Thanksgiving turkeys must be ordered by November 14 and Christmas turkeys must be ordered by December 5. After these deadlines, turkeys will only be available frozen.
Arganica stocks holiday dinners across the mid-Atlantic with a convoy of local turkeys and regionally harvested groceries. Holiday chefs eschew the retail turkey stampede as Arganica’s poultry pros bring award-winning birds straight to local doorsteps. Raised in a lofty, open-air barn under the trained gaze of a PhD nutritionist, the free-range turkeys at Maple Lawn Farm become meaty without the use of hormones.
For succulent side dishes, the produce-delivery menu is updated fortnightly, presenting patrons with an enormous à la carte selection, as well as surprise-laden produce crates that might contain heirloom tomatoes, gala apples, eggplant, and mustache-free yukon potatoes. The edibles are packed into handmade, sustainable wooden crates, and liquid products, such as milk or seltzer, are stored in reusable glass containers.
Arganica’s delivery system allays the gas-guzzling and parking woes of regular trips to the store, in addition to preserving farmland and enriching the local economy by doing business with community producers. A fleet of comestible convoys makes deliveries to the Baltimore area on Sunday mornings. Produce pursuers should check the delivery-area map to ensure groceries are capable of reaching their kitchen, outdoor camp stove, or plastic toy oven.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 7, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Must activate by 5/7/12, Memberships expire 3 or 6 months from activation date depending on purchase. Valid only for option purchased. 48hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must place any fresh turkey order for Thanksgiving by 11/14 or for Christmas by 12/5. Online only. Must sign up for membership. Crates must be returned. Valid only within service area. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.