- 1st Runner-Up in Mile High Chef Competition
- Won 2009 Best Mac-n-Cheese in Denver
- "Cask" Conditioned Ale on tap
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Hiber-Nation
Do you long to revisit the gastric-happenings of your summer abroad or gather with friends in another country for a night of drinks and bawdy jokes? We can't help you with airfare, but we can transport your taste buds with the authentic fare and friendly service of Scotland. Today's Groupon gets you $25 worth of palate-pleasing twists on classic pub fare and drinks for $13 at Argyll GastroPub.
Head to Argyll before the winter chills set in for a brisk fall weekend brunch with bottomless mango mimosas on the patio out front, or cozy up to the dark wooden bar for drinks and grub, outwith the cold, unforgiving claws of old man autumnbrunch. Enjoy your choice of Argyll's 12 rotating draught beers and spectrum of bottled local or European-style brews ($3.50–$6.50) with the badge of bravery that is the Scotch egg (soft boiled, wrapped in sausage, and deep fried, with horseradish aioli; $6). With a cultivated range of wines (also wrapped in sausage and deep-friend upon request; $6–$10 per glass) and specialty drinks ($6–$9), it's easy to find a sip to complement your perfect plate.
Down delicious raw oysters (with champagne mignonette and Meyer lemon sea salt; $9 per half dozen) before your juicy beer wort braised colorado lamb ribs (with a candied walnut crust served with an autumn vegetable succotash $17. Regale your friends over fish and chips (Indian Pale Ale-battered haddock with malt vinegar gastrique and aioli tartar sauce; $13) with tales of the time you narrowly evaded a werewolf on the moors, or stuff yourself silly with the award-winning Argyll prawn mac-n-cheese (mini-rigatoni with five-cheese sauce, braised shallots, oyster mushrooms, bacon, peas, parmesan breadcrumbs, and prawns; $17). Take your mum out to brunch for oatmeal buttermilk pancakes (with honey thyme butter, maple bacon, and two eggs; $11) or house-made corned beef hash (with gruyere, white beans, potato and carrot hash, 2 poached eggs, and toast; $11). Vegetarian-friendly fare includes tomatoes and avocado benedict with hollandaise ($10) and pappardelle pasta (tossed with eggplant, heirlooms, sweet peppers, basil, and parmesan reggiano; $15). If you aren't hungry yet, check out Argyll's photos and video, but leave a browser tab open for Groupon—you'll be back.
- Traditional Scottish fare? More like contemporary urban Scottish fare, and at the risk of inviting violent rebuttal from burly kilted Highlanders tossing tree trunks, I'd rather spend my money — something a Scot is always loath to do in the first place — on the latter. – Tucker Shaw, Denver Post
- ...our server...was very helpful with picking out wines...We enjoyed everything she suggested. We enjoyed the place so much that we went back the next night and brought a group of friends. – Open Table User, 9/22/09
- I had a fabulous meal at Argyll...The wine list is very balanced with many affordable selections and they offer many European beers. – Open Table User, 7/10/09
- We sat on the patio and I had an Argyll Burger (beed and Colorado lamb combined). The burger was prepared great and I was glad to see that they use hand-cut potatoes for their fries...They also serve Tennent's Scottish Lager which I don't see very often outside of the UK. – Duncan, Urbanspoon
At Groupon, we’re indulging in more rib-sticking comfort food than usual in preparation for winter, but that’s far from the only thing we’re doing. Here’s a handy checklist to make sure you’ve got everything you need to stay safe and warm from first frost to spring thaw:
- Kerosene-fueled Monopoly
- Silver bullets to kill snowmen
- Kidnapped mall Santa for personal usage
- Can never have too many hides!
- Preserved root vegetables, a sturdy hearth, and your great grandmother’s homemade Nintendo Wii
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2010. Amount paid never expires. No purchase limit. Redemption limit 1 per every 4 people at table (private parties excluded). May purchase multiple as gifts. Must redeem in 1 visit. Not valid with other offers. Tax & gratuity not included. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.