Robert Frost could have used a local guide when he decided to take the road less traveled, as he discovered only too late that it was a gully carved to redirect flowing lava. Stay on the right path with this Groupon.
$49 for Guided Jeep Tour (Up to $99 Value)
Choose from the following eight tours:
- Wildlife Safari Tour: The 3.5-hour trip tours three biological life zones on ever-changing routes, covering conservation and the backcountry’s natural equilibrium. Passengers can catch glimpses of elk, deer, and turkey.
- The Outlaw Trail: This tour, appropriate for all ages, traverses ranch country for 2.5 hours on a classic high-desert trail lined with native flora.
- The Outlaw Trail Extreme: A 3-hour version of the above trip.
- Mogollon Rim Run: A 2-hour journey up a 100-year-old wagon trail takes travelers to an altitude of more than 2,000 feet, with a brief rugged jaunt across the volcanic-rim trail. Passengers encounter views of soaring red-rock cliffs and the Schnebly Hill Vista.
- Mogollon Rim Run Extreme: After the above trip, this 3-hour journey takes one step further into the back country, climbing up one canyon, overlooking a second, and descending into a third.
- Seven Canyons Tour: The 1.5-hour trip wends its way through the Dry Creek Basin area, a venue rimmed by seven scenic canyons. Passengers drink in views of ranch country where cowboys have roamed and movie stars have filmed.
- Vortex Tour: Over 2.5 hours, passengers travel to the Sedona energy vortexes, sites identified by medium Page Bryant as ideal for spiritual encounters.
- Diamond Back Extreme: This intense, 2.5-hour tour motors through cavernous canyons and Native American land, covering either graded roads or extreme off-road terrain.
- Archaeology Tour: On this 2.5-hour hiking trip, passengers visit a private ranch and explore Native American ruins with pit houses and petroglyphs.
Arizona Safari Jeep Tours
On Arizona Safari Jeep Tours' year-round forays, guides pilot Jeeps throughout Sedona's high desert surroundings while sharing factoids about the area's distinctive wildlife, flora, and geological features. Their total of 10 customizable tours range from this low-key jaunt to high-octane off-road adventures, which draw on the Jeeps' hardy suspensions and wheels to navigate the rugged terrain. Guides well versed in anthropology, biology, and conservation lead each tour, sharing nuggets of knowledge as their Jeep caravans motor to the Sedona energy vortexes, traverse the pine forest of the Colorado Plateau, and race overly competitive roadrunners.