All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Almost anything can be improved with music, as evidenced by tuba-accompanied balcony serenades, operatic State of the Union addresses, and yodeled bank statements. Tune your ears to sweet on-stage sounds with today’s Groupon: For $19, you get a Section II ticket to Arizona Theatre Company’s Woody Guthrie’s American Song at the Temple of Music and Art in Tucson ($39 value). Choose from the following shows:
- Saturday, November 27, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, November 28, at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 3, 7:30 p.m.
Randal Myler, noted for previous productions based on the lives of Janis Joplin and Hank Williams, directs the Arizona Theatre Co.'s experienced ensemble in a stage rendering of folkster Woody Guthrie's timeless tunes. Hum along or strum your spinal cord as the Woody Guthrie’s American Song cast gives their take on the traveling troubadour’s socially conscious songs, which include "This Land is Your Land," "Bound for Glory," and "Nine-Hundred Miles."
- Playwright and director Randal Myler isn’t the author of Woody Gunthrie’s American Song (that honor belongs to Peter Glazer), but it’s so clearly in his wheelhouse that it feels like one of his creations. – Tucson Lifestyle
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 4, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Reservation required 48 hrs. in advance; subject to availability. Valid for Section II seating only. Not valid toward previously purchased tickets. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.