The hamburger, America’s national meal, has always been served during Independence Day cookouts and the competitive-eating portion of presidential debates. Dig into hearty helpings of patriotism with today’s Groupon to Arnold’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers on West 51st Street. Choose between the following options:
- For $6, you get a burger meal for two (a $12.12 value with tax), which includes:
- Two hamburgers (a $2.89 value each)
- Two medium fries (a $1.19 value each)
Two large drinks (a $1.49 value each)<p>
- For $12, you get a burger meal for four (a $24.24 value with tax), which includes:
- Four hamburgers (a $2.89 value each)
- Four medium fries (a $1.19 value each)
- Four large drinks (a $1.49 value each)<p>
Arnold’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers has been frying up mouth-dousing patties for 25 years in a retro diner, drowning out tummy grumbles with fast-food staples and tunes from its Wurlitzer jukebox. Patrons amble up to the blue-and-pink, glass-block counter to grab a classic hamburger, served in traditional burger-joint wax paper, along with a side of fries and a hefty soda. Padded purple and white booths cushion guests during dine-in feasts, and a drive-thru window serves on-the-go spreads to motorists and honking cars full of migrating geese.
By night, Arnold’s neon lights and sign spark to life, creating a luminous pink-and-blue hotspot. Though not included in this Groupon, Arnold’s shakes and malts are a local favorite, and helpings of root beer slide across the counter in a traditional frosted mug wearing a solitary ice skate.