Choose from Four Options
- C$12 for admission for two (C$24 value)
- C$14 for admission for a family of up to two adults and three children (C$25 value)
- C$35 for one adult gallery membership (C$60 value)
- C$45 for one family gallery membership for up to two adults and three children (C$85 value)
Membership benefits include:
- Free admission to family events
- Invitations to exhibition openings
- Access to exclusive members-only programs including behind-the-scenes tours, lectures, and more
- 10% discount at the Gallery shop
- Complimentary subscription to member magazine The Journal
- Rental privileges with the Teichert Gallery
- First notice of news and events
- Free admission to 16 Canadian art museums
Family memberships also include discounts on children’s educational programs, including day programs, March break camps, and the Summer School of the Arts.
Children five and under are free, so this Groupon applies to children age 6–17.
Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
From its founding in 1908, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia has brought residents the chance to see historic and contemporary art from across the province, continent, and globe. The collection—all 15,000-plus pieces of it—focuses primarily on artists with ties to Nova Scotia, including Maud Lewis, whose life story rivals her paintings in color and vibrance. The tiny house in which she lived and painted, itself a work of art, is on permanent display in Halifax, the result of joint rescue efforts from the gallery and the province.
The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia stepped up its commitment to making local and international art accessible to all citizens with the 2006 opening of the Western Branch, located in Yarmouth. While the branch is still not old enough to drive or apply to art school, the building is as historic as the work it contains, complete with Corinthian flourishes and a cornerstone laid in 1912.