A home-cooked meal provokes a peaceful sensation akin to that of sleeping in a pile of cotton balls or having a baritone weatherman whisper the week's wind patterns in your ear. Be soothed with today's Groupon to Ashland House. Choose between the following options:
- For $28, you get a home-cooked lunch for two (a $57.50 value) that includes the following:
- Any two daily special entrees (up to a $29.50 value)
- Any two cups of soup (a $10 value)
- Any two desserts (up to a $14 value)
- Two beverages, valid for coffee and apricot tea (a $4 value)
- For $15, you get $30 worth of anything on the menu. Daily special entrees cost up to $14.75 each.
Ashland House is open Monday through Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Channeling several generations of recipes, Ashland House's chefs have assembled a menu of home-cooked meals crafted from scratch with all-natural ingredients. The freshly prepped greens of a spinach salad ($14) allow forks to don chunks of pecan-crusted goat cheese and a sleek house vinaigrette for the first time since prom at utensil school. Toasted focaccia bread provides a crunchy foundation for stratums of juicy sliced pears in the pear and brie sandwich ($12), and spice sprinklers dust the fresh ground chuck of an Ashland House burger before topping the patty with chopped onions ($11). Meanwhile, the wafting aroma of a velvety cheese soup ($5/cup; $9/bowl) tickles noses like an overly affectionate mustache. Be sure to reserve tummy landscape for desserts made daily, including slices of luscious cream pie and hunks of italian cream cake.