What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Would You Rather?
Coo like a dove coated in sparkly beauty-heavens with today’s Groupon: $49 for $115 worth of spa and salon services at Asili Chi Salon & Spa, a West Loop Aveda concept salon.
Asili Chi offers a plethora of ways to get gorgeously relaxed. If you'd like a facial, try the Outer Peace Acne Relief Treatment to remove redness, or improve skin luminosity with the Enbrightenment Discoloration Treatment. If your muscles need melting, don't squeeze into the microwave. Instead, use your Groupon toward one of Asili Chi's unique massages, including the Elemental Nature Massage (uses air, fire, water, earth, and infinity, $55 for 30 minutes) and the Sinus Pressure Massage (aromatic steam inhalation with facial massage to relieve congestion, $55 for 30 minutes). Exfoliating pedicures and a range of adamantium bone-replacement treatments are also available. Lighten up this winter with partial highlights ($130+ with a color specialist, $115+ with a stylist) or full highlights ($180+ with a color specialist, $115+ with a stylist). The salon exclusively uses products from the all-natural, plant-based Aveda line. Check out Asili's website for a full list of spa treatments and prices.
Asili owner Kim Shackelford designed the two-level loft space with the goal of creating a stylish, socially responsible salon that transforms into a giant mechanical hummingbird. The multicultural staff, which has experience with all hair textures, provides smart cuts and color on the first floor, while massage therapists work their magic downstairs.
After your appointment, rejuvenate with a cup of herbal tea and nosh on some appetizers. Vibrant walls and a calming atmosphere make the salon a pleasant place to pass the time, until you emerge from your beauty cocoon like a hummingbird embarking on a fantastical journey of adventure.
- Daniel not only gives THE best massages, he also makes you feel truly pampered. He has the BEST touch and knows exactly what needs work. The Aveda oil he used was awesome and the temperature of the room was perfect. – planetj, Citysearch
- From the moment I walked in I was greeted with a smile from the receptionist, everyone was very friendly. I arrived a little early and was offered a complimentary hand massage... loved it!! – karriek, Citysearch
- My highlights are spectacular...subtle flicks of gold, just how I like them. And, my cut is fantastic. It has been several weeks and everything is falling perfectly. – Desiree V., Yelp
Would You Rather?
Asili Chi is not pronounced "A Silly Chi," although that would be funny. When you're sitting patiently in your beauty cocoon waiting to emerge tinted of hair and cleansed of face, here's a fun game to pass the time. What would you rather have?
- A Silly Chi or a Chili Sea?
- A ghostly moat or most of a goat?
- Luck of the dice or a bucket of lice?
- "Kindergarten Cop" or "Over the Top"?
- A word game that is vaguely annoying or enragingly cloying?
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 31, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Not valid with other offers. Gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.