Today’s Groupon delivers a game-changing, pointier perspective on fast food. For $10, you get $22 worth of skewered chow and more at Asqew Grill. Asqew chefs skewer the basilisk of hunger with creative dishes that stimulate and satisfy anyone’s appetite at temperatures piping-hot, at speeds piping-fast, and with attitudes piping-pleasant.
The menu at Asqew Grill provides plenty of deliciousness to feast on, with chicken, seafood, beef, and vegetarian grilled skewers served fast-food style. Initiate hunger combat with the grilled artichoke ($4.99). Move on to the heftier treats with the cilantro-lime chicken skewer (with fresh Roma tomatoes and coconut cilantro jasmine rice) and the mango lime ahi tuna (zucchini, crimini mushrooms, red peppers, a tangy cilantro lime sauce, and citrus couscous); the balsamic beef tenderloin and marinated tofu skewers ride together like a carnivorous–vegetarian yin and yang that can strike hunger into the most stubborn eaters. Skewers range in price: $6.49–$8.49 for one and $9.49–$11.89 for a duo. For those who are legally unable to operate pointy objects, there are seductive barbeque options that run the gamut from smothered (half-rack of baby-back ribs, $13.99) to refined (grilled lemon garlic chicken, $9.99).
Asqew Grill features a lot of good around every corner, and it features it fast, which is saying something because the restaurant is in the shape of a dodecagon. With five locations across the San Francisco area, you can satisfy skewer-fiendins quickly, without flying with a commercial airline or hijacked crop duster.
- I rarely order the same thing twice here yet it's always good. – robyn74, Citysearch
- Everything had tons of flavor and we were stuffed and happy when we left. – Jennifer C., Yelp
- This is a clutch simple eats place I will be returning to, very good quality meat, great flavors, and great veggies on the skewers! – Barbara C., Yelp
Asqew Grill rival Skewer Shack was recently in the news after the recall of its children’s toys in the shape of their ill-advised mascot, Shecky the Skewer. Shecky, however, was hardly the first poorly thought-out, incredibly dangerous mascot toy. Here are a few perilous mascots of the past:
- Fox Mortage Services mascot: Foreclosure Pitchfork
- The Utica Bombers AA Baseball team mascot: Sharpened Plastic Santa
- Pritchville Water Safari mascot: Treasure Diver, who advised children “There’s treasure in the deep end!”
- Lightning Sandwiches mascot: Sad Sack, The Unhappy Anthropomorphic Unbreathable Paper Bag
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
800 Redwood Highway Frntg Rd
Strawberry, California 94941Get Directions