What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $12 for admission for four to a Star Bright Saturday night program ($24 value)
- $75 for private star party for 10 ($150 value)
Every Saturday night, May–October, visitors can head to the astronomical society at dusk to hear presentations, attend tours, and (if the skies are clear) view the stars. Private parties provide a more exclusive experience that’s personally guided by an experienced, amateur astronomer.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Private parties require reservation, call 913-438-3825. Private party fees for more than 10 people will apply. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Astronomical Society of Kansas City
Away from the lights of the city, the Powell Observatory's powerful telescope offers a glimpse into the galaxy. But the Astronomical Society of Kansas City predates that telescope by 50 years, enlightening the earth-bound since 1935 about the greatest mysteries in existence.
- Size: measured in how far you can see, about 15 quintillion miles
- Eye Catcher: the 30-inch Ruisinger telescope, which is available for public use every Saturday night, May–October
- Permanent Mainstay: Powell Observatory's other telescopes—a 16-inch and a 12.5-inch Dobsonian telescope, and a computer-controlled 12-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Don't Miss: the chance to talk to society members for advice about investing in a telescope, or share stories about eclipses, auroras, or meteor showers