Like a political sign, food mounted on a stick often captures the attention of passersby when displayed in one’s front yard. Show flavor solidarity with today’s Groupon to Athens Restaurant. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get a souvlaki dinner for two (up to a $40.98 value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $7 value)
- Two double-skewer dinners (up to a 33.98 value)
- For $38, you get a souvlaki dinner for four (up to an $81.96 value) that includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $7 value each)
- Four double-skewer dinners (up to a $67.96 value)
- For $5, you get $10 worth of à la carte breakfast. Entrees range from $5.99 to $11.99.
Lauded by The Coast as Halifax's best family restaurant, Athens Restaurant builds its menu upon a foundation of authentic Greek recipes and locally sourced ingredients. Appetizers such as falafel, hummus, and spinach-and-feta perogies make appealing filler for empty stomachs or toasty lining for threadbare greatcoats. The souvlaki dinner's skewers pierce juicy morsels of pork tenderloin, lamb, chicken, and other charbroiled meats, which grill-gurus lace with a savoury house blend of herbs and spices. Bolster bellies with sides of Greek salad, roasted potatoes and rice pilaf, and demonstrate paper-plane techniques by dive-bombing Greek pita into a bowl of creamy tzatziki. Though not included in today's Groupon, diners can wash down dinners with Athens Restaurant's assortment of Greek beers, wines and spirits.