Choose from Three Options
- $27 for a two-hour ATL Black History walking tour for one ($39 value)
- $52 for a two-hour ATL Black History walking tour for two ($78 value)
- $104 for a two-hour ATL Black History walking tour for four ($156 value)
The tour visits sites such as the historically black Sweet Auburn Avenue; the birth home of Martin Luther King Jr.; SCLC headquarters, the Madam Museum of CJ Walker, the first female self-made millionaire in the US; and Ebenezer Baptist Church, where King was minister and where his funeral was held.
- $48 for a four-hour Atlanta Civil Rights walking tour for one ($65 value)
- $94 for a four-hour Atlanta Civil Rights walking tour for two ($130 value)
This tour visits sites such as the MKL Historic Site, Madame CJ Walker Museum, Apex Museum, and National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
Atlanta Black History Tour
As a former National Sales Manager with the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau, Dwight McQueen has shown the history content of Atlanta to thousands of visitors. Conducted on foot or in comfortable motor coaches, each excursion stops by historic landmarks that illustrate African American history stretching back to before the Civil War. Explore one of the city's seven black colleges, check out the African artistry on display inside the Hammonds House Museum, and visit several places that were dear to Atlanta native Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tours stop by his childhood home as well as Ebenezer Baptist Church, where he was baptized as a baby and later, at 19, ordained as a minister.