What You'll Get
Without classical music, brides would have to run down the aisle to the tune of "Yackety Sax" and super-villains would have nothing to play on their pipe organs. Experience the transcendent medium in its natural habitat with today's Groupon: for $28, you get a Dress Circle or Loge ticket for one of four programs presented by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in its elegant and acoustically pristine Symphony Hall. Click here to view the secret future-predicting chart that also just happens to be the Symphony Hall floor plan. Loge and Dress Circle seats (Sections 8 and 9, respectively, on the chart) are some of the most exclusive and intimate seats in the hall.
Choose from the following shows:
- Handel's Messiah: Conductor Norman Mackenzie channels the combined might of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Atlanta Symphony Chamber Chorus through the Christmas portion and "Hallelujah" chorus from Handel's oratorical biography of Jesus Christ. Seat in the Dress Circle on Thursday, December 2, or Saturday, December 4, at 8 p.m.
- A Gospel Christmas: Chelsea Tipton II guides the Atlanta Symphony Gospel Choir, an acoustic Justice League comprised of the most superhuman voices in the city, on a spirited odyssey of uplifting roots and modern gospel selections. Seat in the Loge on Friday, December 3, at 8 p.m., or Saturday, December 4, at 2 p.m.
- Christmas with the ASO: Norman Mackenzie returns to wrangle the thundering vocal herds of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus, Morehouse College Glee Club, and Gwinnett Young Singers, propelling audiences through an aural tour of seasonal anthems. Seat in the Dress Circle on Thursday, December 9, at 8 p.m.; Friday, December 10, at 8 p.m.; or Saturday, December 11, at 2 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- A Very Merry Holiday Pops: The ASO's principal pops conductor, Michael Krajewski, leads this annual variety show, which blends contemporary holiday carols such as Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" with unique live accompaniments from a dancing Santa Claus and reindeer trained to sing the male part in "Baby, It's Cold Outside." Seat in the Dress Circle on Friday, December 17, at 8 p.m. or Saturday, December 18, at 2 p.m. or 8 p.m.
Listening to music live is pretty much the only way to experience it. In person, the rich tones of the woodwinds resonate with the brass so beautifully that it's hard not to flood your shirt with tears. When rhythmic structures ring through the perfect acoustics of Symphony Hall, you'll feel a sublime and ticklish sensation as the epic frequencies harmonize with your soul.
- I'm so proud of how talented and renowned a symphony we have in Atlanta, as well as of how packed the symphony hall was last night - indicating what a strong appreciation this city has for the arts. – Anna F., Yelp
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased and its corresponding section. Must reserve ticket online by 11/22, tickets will be emailed to you. Not valid toward previously purchased ticket. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.