A night at the symphony not only provides a lasting memory of refined musical prowess; it also keeps patrons from resorting to the boring routine of watching the TV boil. Mix up the routine with today's Groupon: for $29, you get a ticket for a Dress Circle seat at a performance of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (up to a $72.70 value, depending on the show). Click here to view the Symphony Hall floor plan. Choose from the following shows (all shows start at 8 p.m., except as noted below):
- "Glowing Ravel, Gorgeous Franck," with seating in Section 10 (up to a $72.70 value). Choose between Thursday, October 6 or Saturday, October 8.
- "Rock Out With Rockapella," with seating in Section 9 (up to a $55.42 value). Choose between Friday, October 14 or Saturday, October 15.
- "The Rach II–Ravishing Pictures," with seating in Section 10 (up to a $72.70 value). Choose from Thursday, October 20; Friday, October 21; or Saturday, October 22.
- "Rachmaninov & Scriabin," with seating in Section 10 (up to a $72.70 value). Choose between Thursday, October 27 or Saturday, October 29.
- "Premier Soloists, Premier Brahms," with seating in Section 10 (up to a $72.70 value). Choose from Thursday, November 10; Saturday, November 12; or Sunday, November 13 (starting at 3 p.m.).
- "Christina Smith Plays Mozart," with seating in Section 10 (up to a $72.70 value). Choose between Thursday, November 17 or Saturday, November 19.
Each season, the Atlantic Symphony Orchestra's sonic aficionados provide a warm welcome to select musical guests and masses of fans, who can scratch their itches for sophisticated tunes with both classical and Rockapella concerts. Attendees' ears ring with delight as the a capella group Rockapella—the wittiest quintet since Scooby-Doo—lays down lyrics to hits such as "And the Beat Goes On" and "Dance with Me." Come mid-November, conductor Oliver Knussen will referee concertmaster David Coucheron and principal cellist Christopher Rex during a string-off of Brahms's masterpieces, prepping audiences for Christina Smith's performances later in the turkey month. The principal flutist will show off her mad skills as the sweet notes penned by Mozart erupt from her woodwind with the detailed delicacy matched only by a crocheted doily.
1280 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30309Get Directions