Splitting an atom in half results in an astonishing burst of energy, the exact opposite effect of splitting an energy drink. Get pumped up with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $14 for two adult general-admission tickets (up to a $28 value)
- $20.99 for two adult general-admission tickets plus admission to the Area 51 exhibit (up to a $40 value)
- $27 for four adult general-admission tickets (up to a $56 value)
- $39.99 for four adult general-admission tickets plus admission to the Area 51 exhibit (up to a $80 value)
- $38 for six adult general-admission tickets (up to a $84 value)
- $48 for six adult general-admission tickets plus admission to the Area 51 exhibit (up to a $120 value)
Explore the history and science of the Nevada test site in a series of exhibits that delves into underground testing sites and looks at atomic culture. The recently opened [Area 51 exhibit] "Myth and Reality" (http://www.nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/area51.aspx), meanwhile, reveals the myths and existing evidence of the most secret place in America, with help from people who worked there. Groupon customers also receive a 10% discount on gift-store purchases of more than $25 at the time of their visit.
National Atomic Testing Museum
The 8,000-square-foot National Atomic Testing Museum, located just off the Strip, unveils the fascinating history of the famed Nevada test site. An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, the museum has a growing collection of permanent and special exhibitions. Boots quake as visitors experience a simulated atomic blast, and another exhibit details the Manhattan Project, the U.S.'s massive undertaking to create the first atomic bomb. Firsthand accounts of nuclear tests put museum-goers in the shoes of blast eyewitnesses; there's also a poignant exhibit that includes a 6-foot I-beam from the wreckage of the World Trade Center. The museum volunteer tour guides act as exhibit interpreters, encouraging hands-on exploration and teaching how to divide atoms using nothing more than a good set of kitchen cutlery.