Choose Between Two Options
- C$79 for an interior and exterior car detailing for a sedan (C$250 value)
C$99 for an interior and exterior car detailing for a truck or small SUV (C$300 value)
- Included in the package:
- Toothpick detailing method used. Industrial quality grade solutions used only. Steam clean cloth interior, ceilings and cloth door panels.
- Exterior including wax, rims cleaned, tires shined. Interior, everything polished. Air vents cleaned.
- Hand dry, clay bar, liquid wax, vacuum, carpet shampoo, seats ceilings steamed, windows, door jams, air vents.
- Additional fee for pet hair, excessive dirt, and salt stains starts at $40.
Chrome: Beauty and Brawn
A car wash or detail might revive the shine on sullied chrome, but that mirror-like material isn’t just for looks. Check out Groupon’s guide to the purpose and process behind a chrome finish.
A car’s gleaming grill or a motorcycle’s shining exhaust pipes sure look pretty, but chrome plating is just as much about function as it is about style. True to its name, chrome contains chromium—a hard, rust-resistant metal element that, when overlaid on another material such as nickel, steel, copper, or plastic, results in a bright and durable finish. This combination of a radiant, bluish-white sheen and resistance to corrosion has made chrome a popular coating for appliances, industrial tools, and—of course—automotive trim.
Chrome is applied using a process called electroplating. After a quick dip in acid to remove any oxides from its surface, the material is coated with copper and nickel and transferred to a solution of chromic acid and another catalyst. There, an electric current attracts charged chromium ions to the material’s surface, locking in the bright, silvery shine much as a coat of varnish locks in the pioneer spirit of a Lincoln Log.