What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Did Crabs Evolve From Humans?
Today's Groupon dresses you like a crabber and puts a stick of butter in each hand. For $20, you get $50 worth of Cajun food and drink at Auggie’s House of Crab, a restaurant unrelated to Auggie’s Crab Inn, Auggie’s Hostel for Crabs, and Auggie's Crab and Cabin Builders.
Auggie’s, home of the shrimp burger, takes your taste buds on a delicious vacation. The appetizer menu boasts tasty bites like Chayo seafood soup ($5.95), the bungalow of smokin’ jambalaya ($5.95), and the condominium of crab cake sandwiches ($9.95).
Auggie’s also offers a feast menu, requiring herculean chomps from one or two people. The standard individual feast presents head-on shrimp, snow crab, corn on the cob, andouille, and red potatoes ($16.95; $33.85 for two). The big feast adds to the mix a mighty pile of clams, Alaska king crab legs, and mussels ($22.95; $45.85 for two).You and a friend can claim dominance over the fecund sea like a fisherman who kills a merman, with only the slightest bit of fatigue or perhaps none at all.
Auggie's also offers up your staple beverages including sodas, bottled and on-tap beer, and wine. Make your reservations in advance and prepare your best 72-legged crab dance to enhance all crab flavor by 3-4%.
- If you love crab this is the best restaurant in San Diego! It is warm, cozy and fun. Service is fast and friendly and the food is not only delicious, it is addicting! – thebesttoyou, CityVoter
- Small, intimate place, where the crab comes out and is ceremoniously piled on your butcher paper covered table. It's clear: here, you are all about the eating of crab. – Joshua T., Yelp
- It a fun, funky, very casual place and absolutely worth a visit. Auggie is a great guy, good host and terrific seafood chef. – Jeff D., Yelp
Did Crabs Evolve From Humans?
Everyone knows that humans evolved from smaller humans who evolved from monkeys, but did you know that crabs evolved from humans? The evidence mounts:
- For centuries, human thoraxes have been elongated to an unseemly degree. Crab thoraxes are hidden to prevent ignominy and social-discomposure. Indubitable evidence of improvement on human features.
- The soft, puny bodies of humans have long been a source of unhappiness and weapon-susceptibility. Crabs see our soft body and raise us a thick exoskeleton—a clear evolutionary advantage.
- Overcomplicated human forms of communication, such as speech-making or written composition, have made information-conveyance unbearable. Crabs have evolved an amazingly simple system of waving their pincers to communicate which holes are safe for hiding in and which contain valuable females. Humanity has reached its end. Crabs are our evolutionary sons and daughters. Hail them!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 12, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. 1 per table. Reservation required. Not valid with other offers or for happy hour prices. Tax & gratuity not included. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.