All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Before local museums started collecting evidence to debunk regional myths, historians struggled to convince people that Georgia wasn’t founded by giant sentient peaches. Discover Augusta’s factual, inedible past with today’s Groupon to the Augusta Museum of History, open Thursday–Sunday. Choose from the following options:
- For $6, you get one-day family pass (a $12 total value). With this option, additional tickets for children are available at the door for $1 each. The pass includes:
- Admission for two adults (a $4 value each)
- Admission for two children ages 6–18 (a $2 value each)
- For $30, you get a one-year Family Membership (a $60 value), which includes:
- Free admission for two adults and three children under age 18
- Free admission to education programs
- Invitations to special exhibitions and events
- Print and electronic edition of the museum magazine Archive
- For $59, you get a one-year Friend Membership (a $125 value), which includes everything in the Family Membership, plus:
- Two guest admission passes
- Reciprocal admission privileges at hundreds of museums throughout the country
Drawing from a collection of more than one million historical objects spanning thousands of years of regional history, the Augusta Museum of History stewards everything from an authentic steam engine to legends of the area’s hallowed golfers. Augusta’s Story is a permanent exhibition that covers the area’s prehistoric beginnings, when brontosauruses craned their necks to pluck peaches from trees. Other exhibitions include Canteens to Combat Boots, a celebration of Augusta's armed forces in the 20th century, as well as sequined artifacts once belonging to Augusta’s homebred King of Soul, James Brown. Daily admission also grants access to most education events throughout the museum, from brown-bag history lectures and live theatrical performances to behind-the-scenes tours of otherwise off-limits artifacts and fire exits.
Members of the Augusta Museum of History receive all the benefits of daily admission on any day the museum is open, as well as the newsletter, invitations to special events, and previews of upcoming exhibits. In addition, several other museums throughout the country offer free admission and discounts for Friend-level members, and all Augusta Museum members receive free admission to the Ezekiel Harris House. Beyond its 18th-century architecture and rustic rural charm, the Harris House is a poignant reminder of the days when Georgia’s economy relied entirely on growing tobacco, still years before the Petticoat Revolution upended Southern life forever.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 29, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/person, may buy 5 addl as gifts for family day pass option. Limit 1/person, may buy 2 addl as gifts for family memb and friend memb options. Limit 1/visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must activate by 8/29/12, memb exp 1yr from activation. Memb options valid only for new members. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.