Like glaciers and tectonic plates, teeth are slowly yet surely on the move as they attempt to turn their host’s mouth into frozen tundra and then rip it apart like a bite-size Pangaea. Defeat devious teeth with today’s Groupon: for $3,500, you get an Invisalign package at Aurora Orthodontics & TMJ (up to a $7,000 total value). The Invisalign package includes:
- Comprehensive examination (a $200 value)
- 3-D i-CAT x-rays (a $250 value)
- Panoramic x-rays (a $70 value)
- 8 pretreatment photos (a $25 value)
- Any necessary pre-Invisalign treatments, such as orthopedic expansion (up to a $1,200 value)
- Impressions (a $200 value)
- Production of aligners (a $1,649 value)
- Regular office visits to monitor aligner process throughout the entire treatment (a $3,306 value)
- Case refinement for further alignment, if necessary (a $100 value)
Voted Best Dentist by Aurora Sentinel readers, Dr. S. Kent Lauson straightens out uneven chompers with Invisalign, a combination of highly advanced, 3-D computer graphics and the spells of old-fashioned orthodontia. The Invisalign process eschews cumbersome braces for clear, removable aligners that are virtually invisible to the unclothed eye. An initial dental exam, including 3-D i-CAT and panoramic x-rays, eight pretreatment photos, and impressions of your mouth terrain, paves the way for a flurry of calibrated teeth sheaths that are designed to slowly shift walnut crackers into perfect alignment. After recording the specific dimensions of the patient's jawbone, Aurora Orthodontics communicates with Align Technology to ensure trays contour to exact measurements and include a bottle of New Smile Smell mouthwash.
Depending on the client’s teeth, as few as 12 or as many as 48 separate aligners will need to be worn during a period of 6–15 months before the straightening effect finally self-actuates in a sudden burst of pink smoke and slobber. Aligners are only removed when eating, brushing, flossing, or modeling a finely clenched jaw. View some Invisalign FAQs here.