Museum chronicles the history of firefighting, local fire history, and teaches about fire safety
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Admission to Aurora Regional Fire Museum for One
- Admission to Aurora Regional Fire Museum for Two
- Admission to Aurora Regional Fire Museum for Four
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Museum hours are Wednesday - Saturday 10am -4pm. Not valid for group tours. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 180 days. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Aurora Regional Fire Museum
Connected to the history of the greater Chicago-land area, the Aurora Regional Fire Museum tells the story of the area's firefighters. Their halls provide insights into the unique conditions and history of the job as well as display gear and tools from different eras.
- The history: the museum first opened in 1968 in the basement of Fire Station 4 and then took over the building in 1990.
- Getting There, Getting Water, Getting Rescued Exhibit: maps over 150 years of how American fire departments have responded to those in need, showcasing vintage film clips and vintage smoke masks.
- Teamwork, Brotherhood, Change Exhibit: tells the tale of how new recruits take ownership of the firefighter brotherhood tradition: how they train, how they live together, and how they bond
- Past Exhibits: include topics like fashions from early 20th century firefighters and the "how" and "why" museums preserve and archive items
- The Hose Tower Gift Shop: from model fire trucks to plush dalmatians, these unique gifts help support the museum and its efforts
- Children's Discovery Room: Hands on exhibit about firefighting and fire safety for children two and up.
- Education Room featuring exhibit 'Firefighting: the Basics' with info about what firefighters need to know to fight fires and a Build to Safety, brick building, wall.