All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed July 19, 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2012
Reviewed June 11, 2012
What You'll Get
Children occupied by constructive afterschool activities are less likely to buy BB guns or hang out with dogs that buy BB guns for children. Keep kids gainfully at play with this Groupon.
Choose from Eight Options
- $125 for a Comedy-Improvisation — Just Wingin' It camp on June 4–8 (a $250 value)
- $125 for a WICKED Awesome! camp on June 25–29 (a $250 value)
- $125 for a Great Explorers camp on July 2–6 (a $250 value)
- $125 for a Star of the Screen — Lost in Space camp on July 9–13 (a $250 value)
- $125 for an A Mid-Summer Night's Dream camp on July 16–20 (a $250 value)
- $125 for a Time Travelers camp on July 23–27 (a $250 value)
- $125 for a Music Video — ROCK ON! camp on July 30–August 3 (a $250 value)
- $250 for an Alice in Wonderland — The Original Play Project camp on June 11–22 (a $500 value)
Camps run the gamut of the theater spectrum, delving into topics such as musical theater, improvisational comedy, and film acting, while remaining fun and age appropriate. Kids sing and dance through a mash-up of their favorite musicals in the WICKED Awesome! class, and use Shakespeare's comedic text to fuel their own adaptations during the A Mid-Summer Night's Dream camp. Click here for a description of all camps.
Sessions take place from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in groups with a student-to-teacher ratio of 15:1. Students should bring along a packed lunch, a drink, and two snacks, and meet at the downtown Lavaca Street location. A final showcase is held for family and friends on Friday at 4 p.m.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per child. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for week purchased. Cancellation notice required 1 business week in advance or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be kindergarten-5th grade. Must sign waiver. Subject to availability. No camp on July 4th for Great Explorers option. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Austin Children's Theater
Austin Children's Theater's executive director, Talena Martinez, knows how to inspire kids: not only do her national credits include youth productions of Jekyll & Hyde and Les Misérables, she has also participated in Shakespearean and musical pieces at the Scotland Fringe Festival. Together, Talena and her talented staff of artists nurture the natural talents of kids of all abilities who are eager to explore musical, dramatic, and European theater.
Programs—which range from the intensive Conservatory of Theater to a full roster of summer camps—can help impart a variety of skills, including increased self-esteem, a healthier body image, and stronger performance abilities of future Tony Award winners while ensuring inspirational fodder for acceptance speeches.