Well-rounded golfers must master a variety of skills, including driving, reverse-putting, and suppressing the part of the brain that associates high scores with victory. Chip away at preconceived notions with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $40 for green fees, cart fees, and range balls for two at the Jimmy Clay Golf Course (a $90 value)
- $54 for green fees, cart fees, and range balls for two at the Roy Kizer Golf Course (a $108 value)
- $45 for green fees, cart fees, and range balls for two at the Lions Municipal Golf Course (a $90 value)
- $45 for green fees, cart fees, and range balls for two at the Morris Williams Golf Course (a $90 value)
- $20 for 9 holes of golf, including green fees and cart fee, for two at the Hancock Golf Course (a $41 value)
Austin Public Links
The history of the four municipal golf courses that make up Austin Public Links spans a good portion of the history of the city itself. The story begins with the Hancock Golf Course, a short nine-holer founded in 1899 and named for former Austin mayor Lewis Hancock, Jr. The links-style Roy Kizer Golf Course, meanwhile, was named in honor of the longtime superintendent of the Lions Municipal Golf Course, which played host to the likes of Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson. In addition, the Morris Williams Golf Course has been newly reopened after heavy renovations.
Taken together, the courses cover a wide range of styles—from the hilly 9 holes of Hancock to the 7,023-yard endurance test at Morris Williams. Lions features traditional tree-lined fairways, whereas Roy Kizer has a links-style layout with 22 acres of wetlands and 37 acres of lakes.