What You'll Get
Though it is illegal for pranksters to shout about non-existent fires in a theatre, shrieking after an encounter with an underseat gum wad is permissible. Shout about what's on stage instead with today's deal: for $49, you get a five-pack of flex tickets good for any of five upcoming shows (a $99 value) staged by the Available Light Theatre company. Multiple tickets may be used for a single performance, and you can buy up to four of today's deal.
The Available Light Theatre company produces memorable performances of both new and classic works. Purchase your Groupon, then contact the Available Light Theatre to make arrangements for your journey into the world of stagecraft and stage crochet.
Your five tickets can be used in any combination toward five of the following upcoming shows:
- Stop Sign [language] runs from September 16–25. This stunning one-woman show, written and performed by Eleni Papaleonardos, delivers a powerful analysis of human communication by a lifelong dyslexic who dives headfirst into the ever-daunting gap between language and meaning.
- The Life and Death of Richard the Third will be performed from November 11–20, and features a version of Shakespeare's classic drama remixed by Matt Slaybaugh, who has channeled both the Bard and Bowie into a villainous tale of treachery and face-paint.
- Crazy takes the stage this January to present an original, moving tale about a teacher of mentally troubled children who begins to question the truth behind the concept of sanity. Sean Christopher Lewis wrote and stars in this production, which straddles the line between reality, sanity, and Krazy Karl's Fireworks Hut off I-90.
- In Hum, coming this February, four disparate narratives are gradually woven together with an ominous thread: a letter from a long-forgotten ex-girlfriend, a monster in the backyard, a math lesson, and a road trip to the Ohio Caverns. Sebastian Hawkes Orr's terrifying drama will be directed by Eleni Papaleonardos.
- Skyscrapers of the Midwest, a genre-bending adaptation of Josh Cotter's critically acclaimed graphic novel, will run this April. Adapted and directed by Matt Slaybaugh, this stunning play follows two young siblings through the joys and pain of their 1980s childhood in the heartland. Audiences are provided with a healthy dose of both dinosaurs and giant robots.
Available Light Theatre was recognized for Best Play in 2009 by Columbus Alive! for its production of In God's Ear, as well as Best Female Performance in the same play. Past productions from Available Light Theatre have won many positive reviews from the Columbus Dispatch:
- If the late, great British writer somehow could have borrowed a time machine to partake of the manifold pleasures of the troupe's sparkling adaptation of her Pride and Prejudice, Austen most likely would bestow her blessing. – Michael Grossberg, Columbus Dispatch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 22, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 packs of flex tickets per person. Show dates subject to change, check website for latest show schedule. No cash back. See here for list of valid shows. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.