Dried pasta from a box never tastes as good as fresh ravioli gently rolled, cut, and stuffed by someone's grandma. Since the grandma next door hasn't relented to your persistent requests, today's Groupon to Avalon Restaurant gets you $40 worth of romantic, homemade pastas, creative antipasti, and succulent fish and meat served with a magical sauce of trend and tradition for $20. Though your Groupon is not valid for Saturdays or holidays (we're all going to be at the Arbor Day gorilla parade anyway), you can enjoy Italian dining from 5:30 p.m.–10 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and Sunday from 5 p.m.–9 p.m. Grab your old-fashioned sweetie and fashionable friends for a succulent feast in this cozy West Chester retreat.
From the moment you walk into the dimly lit oasis of warm wood décor, you'll notice the glowing stone fireplace and friendly servers eager to greet you. Bring a bottle of your favorite cabernet to share with friends in the open dining room, or take your date on a Friday, when the intimate second-floor seating is open for flirty glances and intense eye-batting sessions. Start your handsome dinner companion off with the sexy olive mix (bowl of house chili-cured kalamata olives, $7), or share a trio of hand-carved cheeses and choice charcuterie table ($17).
Chef John Brandt-Lee's menu changes with the seasons, utilizing the best ingredients from local farms. Try an autumn salad of roast baby beets with crisp apples (with blue-cheese mousse, candied pecans, and apple-cider vinaigrette, $9) before tempting your tongue with the rich fall flavor of butternut-squash ravioli (with sage brown butter sauce and crushed ameretti cookies, $18). Slow down with a palate-pleasing, slow-roasted porchetta (with caramelized onions and red apples in cider demi sauce, $19), or savor the baked Atlantic salmon (with white anchovies, black olives, plum tomato, and garlic sauce, $19). Because Avalon is BYOB, you won't feel guilty about ordering one of its special desserts, which change daily.
Note: Avalon Restaurant is an old-school, romantic restaurant that won't take your fancy checks or credit cards; bring extra cash along for tip and anything your Groupon doesn't cover.
- Maybe you can't please everyone all the time, but Avalon tries at virtually every turn, from its live jazz on weekends to the out-of-the-way upstairs dining room favored for first dates. – Craig LaBan, Philly.com
- Keeping a restaurant fresh without alienating regulars is one of the business’s toughest challenges, and the new Avalon strikes a winning balance between trends and traditions. – Joy Manning, Philadelphia Magazine
Citysearchers give the Italian eatery four stars:
- My date and I had a wonderful experience at Avalon! The food was delicious, ambiance inviting, and the service friendly. – JoAnna
- The atmosphere was cozy with a wood burning fireplace. Our waiter was great...Our portion sizes were perfect and the food was excellent. – jencalabro
- The food is fresh, interesting and beautifully presented. The menu is eclectic and changes seasonally. The atmosphere is chic and romantic with dim lighting, candles and a fire in the fireplace. – outtolunchgirl
Other, Less Delicious Avalons
Avalon isn’t just the name of a restaurant; it’s a popular name for all types of things. The following list represents only 9% of things named Avalon:
- the mystical island home of King Arthur
- dad's car
- rival computer hackers from Utica, New York
- dozens of repossessed speedboats
- at least six digestive yogurts
- most pet owls
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
312 S High St
West Chester, Pennsylvania 19382Get Directions