While it doesn't provide the discomfort and high ticket prices associated with an airport pat-down, a massage is still an effective tool for discovering concealed knives and small firearms. Prove you’re not packing in the most relaxing way with today’s Groupon. For $40, you'll get your choice of one 60-minute massage at Avalon Salon and Day Spa, a centrally located spa on Christopher Street in Greenwich Village.
Chose one of the following four massage techniques:
- Swedish: A soothing full-body technique ideal for stress relief
- Aromatherapy: Natural-scented essences enhance the well-being treatment
- Sports: Unkink and reposition disgruntled limbs aggravated by excessive field kicking and ball catching
- Deep Tissue: An intense back-kneading session
This historic hub of relaxation and pampering houses a well-trained staff and a warm, nurturing ambience in a storied location. Proprietor Russell Bloom's space stocks high-quality products and a full menu of beautifying treatments to give clients an unparalleled experience. Call ahead to schedule an appointment.
New York Magazine says:
- If you're lucky, you have a friendly neighborhood salon and day spa; in the West Village, that spa is Avalon...In the spa, clients enjoy a full range of facial, body, and massage treatments. The mostly male masseurs use a combination of Swedish, deep tissue, and shiatsu techniques which they adapt to meet clients' needs. – Andrew Sessa
- I have consistently been happy with the quality of service, cleanliness and professionalism. – Vivian3131, Citysearch
- The salon itself is beautiful, relaxing, non-pretentious, and full of wonderful energy. – micheledaw, Citysearch
- The massages are really great...I had been looking for a good and affordable spa for the longest time, and this place was the best I found. – Alix L., Yelp