What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $99 for complete detailing package for car or sedan ($249.95 value)
- $125 for complete detailing package for truck or SUV ($349.95 value)
Complete Detailing Services:
- Hand Wash vehicle, tires, wheel, and wheel wells.
- Three step high speed polish
- Reseal paint with paint sealant
- Clean and treat non painted metal components
- Condition all rubber, vinyl, and plastic materials with proper conditioner
- Apply polish to exterior glass and chrome
- Engine compartment cleaned and dressed
- Removal of loose dirt, clean under seats and crevices
- Shampoo all carpets and upholstery
- Clean and condition all plastics, leather, and vinyl
- Spot clean headliner
- Blow interior out with compressed air
- Vacuum truck and clean door jambs
- Clean all glass
Automatic Car Washes: An Alternative to Taking the Kids to the Movies Since 1946
The automatic car wash wasn’t invented in one fell swoop. First came drive-thru washes, with workers cleaning the car as it drove through a tunnel; then, in 1946, a system was developed that pulled a car through automatically by latching its bumper to a conveyor belt. Water rained down from above while manually controlled brushes scrubbed the car’s surface, finishing with a dry from a giant blower. The sequence is the same today, though the conveyor belts now engage the wheels, and the brushes turn and swish by themselves; there are also jets that shoot foam and even dispense wax and polish. Instead of manual brushes, there are soft mitter curtains (the name for the tentacles of fabric that are one of the first sights you encounter inside) and rapidly spinning columns of scrubbing cloth strips. The speed of the motion replaces the need for abrasive surfaces, making modern washes easier on paint than their forebears likely were.
The coordination of all these moving parts is enabled by the digital control system—the car wash’s brain. It tells all the pieces of machinery when to do their job based on how long the car is and where it’s still sore from last weekend’s dirt races. In most cases, the process is kicked into gear when the car crosses an infrared beam spanning the entryway. The amount of time the beam is broken indicates the vehicle’s length.
- “Touch-less” car washes simply use high-pressure water instead of scrubbers to do all the work.
- The average at-home car wash uses about 80–140 gallons of water, and an automatic car wash uses about 45. Much of the water up until the final rinse is recycled, collected through drains in the floor and filtered for reuse.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Additional fee may apply for excessive wear, pet hair, heavy staining and smoke smell removal. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.