Golf-club designers often consult aerospace engineers to fulfill dreams of experimental-alloy drivers and converting the solar system into a nine-hole executive course. Take your game to the next frontier with this Groupon.
$189 for a Golf Package with Rounds and Instruction (Up to $910.74 Total Value)
- Three 18-hole rounds of golf (up to a $160.74 total value). For each round, players must pay an additional $20 cart fee.
- 10 one-hour small group clinics (a $75 value each). During clinics, classes no larger than 10 pupils begin to master a specific shot or skill set under the tutelage of one of Avondale’s resident aces. Sessions feature a rotating curriculum of putting, chipping, driving, and more refined shots such as the fade or flop shot.<p>
Avondale Golf Course’s rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.<p>
Avondale Golf Course
Cool breezes gain steam over the waters of Hayden Lake before moving through the pine trees that line the fairways of Avondale Golf Course, adding to the bucolic splendor of the 18-hole, 6,600-yard layout. The course's short-grass corridors switchback through a combination of tree-lined and open terrain, with water hazards complicating passage on five holes, placing precise shots and webbed golf shoes at a premium.
A stint at the natural-turf driving range helps golfers to warm up for the round, a necessary measure for slow-starting swings that may struggle to reach the lengthy par 4 second hole—rated the course's hardest from the men's tees—in regulation. After hunting birdies and inflating the egos of smug putters across the landscape, players can recess to the Water Hazard Bar & Grill to recap memorable shots over dinner and drinks.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 6,600 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 72.0 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 130 from the farthest tees
- Five tee options