In the 1930s, the U.S. government issued a hobby to each citizen to keep them entertained until NASA finished working out the bugs in kissing. Self-determine a new pastime with today’s Groupon to Awesome Adventures. Choose from the following options:
- For $99, you get a rappelling excursion for one (a $210.99 total value) that includes:
- Up to three rappels (a $149 value)
- Ziplining (a $39 value)
- An extended hike (a $15 value)
- A box lunch (a $7.99 value)<p>
- For $189, you get rappelling excursion for two (a $421.98 total value) that includes:
- Up to three rappels each for two people (a $149 value/person)
- Ziplining for two (a $39 value each)
- An extended hike for two (a $15 value each)
- Two box lunches (a $7.99 value each)<p>
- For $350, you get a rappelling excursion for four (an $843.96 total value) that includes:
- Up to three rappels each for four people (a $149 value/person)
- Ziplining for four (a $39 value each)
- An extended hike for four (a $15 value each)
- Four box lunches (a $7.99 value each)
Awesome Adventures’ knowledgeable guides shepherd participants through the scenic beauty of the Valley of Fire State Park during rappelling excursions and photo-op-rich journeys through cliff-lined deserts. Red rock formations jut out against a crystal-blue horizon emblazoned in historical petroglyphs drawn by the indigenous people of the region and celebrities who got lost on the way to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Following a stop at the visitors’ center, groups hike through the picturesque valley on their way to the rappelling cliffs reaching heights of 60–150 feet.
Once guests arrive at their destination, they’ll don supplied safety gear and grab hold of ropes and harnesses before scooting down a wind-scratched cliff under the trained eye of a first-aid-certified instructor. After two to three repels, participants zip down a 1,000-foot cable to put the thrilling laws of gravity to the test and effortlessly achieve that classic, windblown look the same way Buster Poindexter does each morning. A box lunch then breaks up the afternoon action with a sandwich, cookies, and an apple. Included transportation ferries customers to and from the Vegas Strip to help to save weary clients from the rigors of walking, expensing a cab, or corralling stubborn armadillos.
Roaring ATVs charge up Southwest Desert sand dunes in a storm of golden particles. Miles away, intrepid explorers rappel down the sheer cliffs of the Valley of Fire. Elsewhere, kayakers drift across the placid surface of Lake Mead in the sunset, and passengers inside a helicopter witness the majesty of the Grand Canyon from the breathtaking angle normally reserved for sightseeing birds. These seemingly disparate adventures have one thing in common: the people who imagined them. Each trek was dreamed up by the founders and guides of Awesome Adventures, who see the landscape of Nevada and Utah not as harsh and wild, but as a source of endless entertainment and education. The enthusiastic staffers—who specialize in recreations ranging from rock climbing to whitewater rafting—encourage visitors and locals alike to step outside the bounds of the city and explore exciting new vistas.