For $15, today's side deal gets you two thirty-minute private music lessons with Axis Music Academy in either Canton or Southfield (an $80 value).
- Each 30-minute lesson covers basic music theory, musical vocabulary, hands-on technique, and additional fun activities
- Choose to study guitar, bass, drums, piano, or voice
- Skilled, trained instructors certified in Axis Method
- Modern, comfortable learning facility
- Check out sample tutorials and videos online
- Students can bring their own instrument or make rental arrangements
Axis Music Academy was featured in Chaldean Commerce magazine earlier this year:
- That dedication to detail is what keeps Axis Music successful as a "top drawer" academy for music instruction and aspiring rockers. Founded in 1996 as a guitar teaching center, Axis today offers lessons in more than 10 instruments (including voice) with 40-plus instructors. The firm has locations in Southfield and Canton and also offers in-home lessons. – Chaldean Commerce
Axis Music Academy
When John Antone founded Axis Music Academy and started developing his proprietary teaching method, the academy was a cramped four-studio Southfield office where he gave guitar lessons. Sixteen years later, Axis has blossomed into a quartet of spacious, well-lit facilities that have one specialty in common: turn individual musicians into bands. Supplied with 12 private studios and all necessary instruments and gear, students get to set their own goals and chart their own course to learning, composing, and recording music. Whether that journey starts with them working through their favorite song on the guitar or stubbornly trying to play the tuba with their ear, the teaching staff helps them reach their goals using the full benefit of their expertise. Budding virtuosos can then combine their strengths during a slate of rock bands, glee clubs, and other group activities.
Axis Music Academy is also currently Michigan’s only Apple-authorized training center, which saves prospective producers a trip out of state if they want to get certified and tested in industry-standard recording software such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton, Final Cut, and Garage Band —all taught using a brand-new suite of computer stations and the industry-insider techniques of Charlie Grover, the former drummer of gold-certified rock band Sponge.
Lessons rarely stay confined to the classroom, since Axis lines up opportunities for students to show off what they've learned onstage at local venues, sports games, and even on air during the morning news. It also stays active in the Detroit-area community by participating in Axis Music Academy 501(C)3 and other programs.