What You'll Get
Scamper up walls like a man with incredibly long legs and rubber-cement hands. With today's deal, you’ll get a one-day pass with gear rental to AZ on the Rocks for $9 (a $21 value). The pass entitles you to all the gear (harness, shoes, chalk bag, lead ropes, carabiner, and belay device) you need to scale rocks, ascend rocks, and feel morally and physically superior to rocks.
AZ on the Rocks is Arizona’s largest indoor rock-climbing gym, featuring 14,000 square feet of climbable terrain, 50 top ropes, more than 2,800 square feet of bouldering, and professionals who'll answer your questions. If you’re not psyched to scale simulated peaks, the facilities also include more traditional workout devices such as cardio and weight machines.
Rock-climbing exercises your body and your wits. Each climb challenges you to decide the best route to the summit while clinging to tiny faux-rock outcroppings using muscles and your brain (the sexiest muscle). Round up a group of friends and compete in what many call "chess, but with more physical exertion and not on a chessboard."
- It's almost like free-soloing, which is climber-speak for scaling vertical cliffs without a rope for protection, except that nagging risk of imminent death is eliminated. – Phoenix New Times
- The climbing gyms, originally created for rock climbers to practice, aren't just for that anymore. Outdoor climbers make up less than half of the indoor rock-climbing population. You're more likely to find families - it's like going to the movies or a skate night - and corporations who are using the indoor climbing as an exercise in bringing employees together to develop team work. – Angela Cara Pancrazio, Arizona Republic
On The Rocks and Over the Valley
On the rocks is a common drink order modifier that means with ice. To impress bar-mates, try these drink modifiers to add sophistication to your next order:
- Over the Valley: Add a single tear to your drink in memory of slain rappers
- Stew It and Chew It: Mix in an entire steak
- Messy: The bartender starts dating your ex, making things really weird
- Ripped from the Headlines: Any drink served while Law & Order is on
- Make It Happy: Ice, a twist of lime, and pent-up feelings of loneliness, served together in a highball glass
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 22, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Subject to AZ on the Rocks legal waiver. Minors (those under 18), must have form completed and signed by minor's parent prior to climbing, no exceptions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About AZ on the Rocks
Christened Best Family Entertainment Value in AZCentral.com’s Readers' Choice poll, AZ on the Rocks encourages beginners and seasoned climbers to higher levels of scaling skill with 14,000 square feet of ascendable terrain. They happily host birthday parties or freestyle-climbing sessions in their air-conditioned climbing facility, which houses 50 top ropes, a cave, and 2,800 square feet of bouldering. They also teach classes for adults and children and hold private lessons, which can grant clients access to the rappelling platform. Additionally, AZ on the Rocks has a youth-climbing team, team-building programs, and full gym stacked with cardio machines, weight machines, free weights, and yoga which can be accessed via monthly memberships or day passes. At AZ on the Rocks, all participants must have a properly completed digital waiver form, for those under the age of 18 this must be completed by their own parent-no exceptions. Guests have the opportunity of joining the birthday club. These birthday girls, boys, and belayers may brave indoor peaks for free on their day of special-suit wearing.