All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· March 17, 2017
June 23, 2016
May 29, 2016
What You'll Get
After a good workout, you'll feel tired, sore, and happy--all three human emotions. Ride the roller coaster with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- C$37 for one month of women's tae-box or kickboxing classes (C$75 value)
- C$72 for two months of women's tae-box or kickboxing classes (C$150 value)
Click here to view the class schedule.
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It's not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that's not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. New customers only. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Valid only for new customers or those who haven't been to Bae's Martial Arts within 12 months. Mandatory t-shirt necessary for classes for an additional $31(which includes tax). Hand gloves optional and available for an additional cost. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.