Detoxification is more than drinking herbs, wearing cucumbers, and painting Russian nesting dolls. Today's Groupon delivers full-body rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation with a 60-minute hot stone or lymphatic drainage massage at Balance Health Center ($110 value). With the holidays not far away, today's deal makes the perfect gift for sailors and MLB umpires.
Choose between the hot stone massage and the lymphatic drainage massage. Unlike painful Hot Pocket massages, hot stone massages don't result in melty cheese burns. Smooth stones are heated and strategically placed on the body to help tight muscles unwind. Your friendly and professional massage therapist will utilize the warm stones to help work out tough knots and keep your muscles at the optimal temperature for bodywork, especially during the cold winter season. Lymphatic draining massage stimulates the lymphatic system with gentle strokes to promote detoxification, support the immune system, and clear up puffiness and swelling. It can also promote the healing of scar tissue and enhance the general health and beauty of skin, so it's the perfect way to detox after a stressful visit from the in-laws or a footrace against pick-up trucks.
Yelpers give Balance Health Center 4.5 stars:
- The most beautiful holistic health center in philadelphia. They have the best...massage therapist...beautiful mohagany tea bar, relaxing music, zen garden and just a great vibe. – Estelle C.
- I have been to balance a few times for massage therapy. All the massage thereapists [sic] I have worked with were super great! – Lia B.
- It's airy, open, painted in all light and soothing colors...I've been going to Edward for some massage therapy - who worked - magic - I kid you, not - that man knows how to work with his hands. – Catherine L.
The Groupon Stress Test
If you’ve been in one of the following common high-stress situations, you’re in dire need of a relaxing, detoxifying, and luxurious day spa cleansing.
- Narrowly escaping a hostage situation only to discover that your roommate’s dog, Phyllis, has become bloated and content from masticating your grandmother’s wedding album.
- Narrowly surviving a snapped bungee cord by tucking and rolling into a muddy river bank, and discovering that the bungees tied to your ankles are not industrial rubber, but in fact low grade eels.
- Narrowly eluding law enforcement after being framed for unarmed robbery by your villainous twin brother, Rudie, and hitchhiking home in a truck shipping mealy pumpkins to fixed-income widows.
Balance Health Center
Balance Health Center takes a holistic approach to wellness by offering chemical-free body treatments and classes that promote balance within the mind and body. The center's nontraditional healing approaches include acupuncture, Ayurveda, and traditional Chinese medicine, treatments that all aim to heal the body without unnatural substances.
Spa services encompass waxing and seven-step facials, and bodies can acquire a bronze glow with the center's version of sunless tanning that relies on an organic, citrus-scented solution rather than the sun's hand-me-down rays. Relaxation's role in personal balance asserts itself in assorted scalp massages, hot-stone therapy, and aromatherapy as well as in spa massages that integrate essential oils. Helping guests to bring the center's philosophies home, Balance Health Center hosts classes and workshops on herbology, stretching, and yoga.
Center City West
112 S 20th St
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103Get Directions