Your core is the source of balance, posture, and resistance to gummy-worm cravings. Work your core with today’s Groupon. For $40, you’ll get five Pilates mat or yoga classes at Balance, a $90 value. Redeem your Groupon at one of Balance’s two Maryland and DC-area locations: Rockville and Bethesda. Stand taller and become the lean, mean version of yourself with workouts that train your mind, your body, and your mind.
This Groupon lets you arbitrate between two evenly-matched workouts: yoga and pilates. Pilates, developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s, is the perfect workout to increase energy levels and boost strength and flexibility. In a Balance Pilates class, you can stretch and strengthen your body while relaxing and invigorating your mind with one of the most popular forms of exercise in America (walking is actually number one, followed by cow tipping and Pilates).
Yoga, etymologically related to the word “yoke” and the food brand “Goya,” literally means “union,” and focuses on uniting the mind, body, and spirit. If your mind and body have had a falling out, and now communicate only via passive-aggressive text messages, yoga might be for you.
If you can’t decide between the yoga and Pilates classes, use your Groupon to mix and match. Click here to see the class schedule. Along with new customers, former and current Balance customers are eligible for this Groupon.
One Yahoo! Local user gives Balance five stars, and several customers give positive testimonials:
- Balance has given me a place of my own to relax and do something for myself. My workouts have helped me get back into pre-pregnancy condition. – Robin L.
- Pilates has helped me immensely – my tight leg muscles are looser, I am aware of my ‘core,’ my posture is better, I feel energized after each class! I only wish I could take it more often. – Nancy W.
The Pilates Code
Have you ever noticed, pilates is an anagram for Split Pea?. If you haven't, you're right: It isn't, but here’s a list of anagrams for things you may find each day at Groupon. Find your own and join the discussion.
- Sporting Events: Voting Serpents
- Paintball Course: Tropical Nebulas
- Restaurant Deal: Tarantula Deers
- Spa Treatment: Rap Testament
- Boat Tour: Boa Tutor
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.