When Atlantis fell, the only survivors were its golfers, whose vast knowledge of water hazards saw them to safety. Hone game-saving skills with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$49 for a golf package for two (up to a $106 total value)
- 18-hole round of golf for two with cart rental (up to an $88 value)
- Choice of two burgers or sandwiches, served with fries (a $7 value each)
$89 for a golf package for four (up to a $212 total value)
- 18-hole round of golf for four with cart rental (up to a $176 value)
- Choice of four burgers or sandwiches, served with fries (a $7 value each)
Bald Mountain Golf Course
Designed in 1929 by Michigan Golf Hall of Famer Wilfred Reid—a British immigrant who studied golf-equipment design under Tommy Armour's father, outdueled Gene Sarazen to win the 1924 Augusta Open, and crafted a multitude of courses on both sides of the Atlantic—Bald Mountain's championship golf course spans 6,624 yards of undulating, timber-lined fairways. Though sand traps are sparse throughout the round, the layout counters with obstacles including greenside swales, grassy thickets, and deranged windmills invading from the nearest mini-golf course. Well-manicured greens sit at the end of each hole, providing a fair, true roll for par-seeking putters.
Novice players may prefer Bald Mountain's nine-hole executive course, where seven par-3s ease beginners into the game or allow aces to boost the probability of netting an elusive hole-in-one. Bald Mountain also encompasses a grass-tee driving range, a practice green, and a banquet area that can host up to 250 people for bridal showers, graduation parties, or group therapy meetings for short-irons that feel like drivers on the inside.
Championship Course at a Glance:
- Designed by Wilfred Reid
- 18-hole, par-71 course
- Length of 6,624 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 71.5 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 121 from the farthest tees
- Three tee options
- Link to scorecard
What some people are buzzing about: