Run toward the rhythm with today’s deal for one ticket to see Balé Folclórico da Bahia, a Brazilian dance troupe, on Friday, February 4 at 8 p.m. at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center's Prudential Hall in Newark. Choose from five seating options:
- For $18, you get a third-tier ticket (a $36 value).
- For $20, you get a second-tier ticket (a $44 value).
- For $24, you get a grand-tier center back or first-tier center back ticket (a $52 value).
- For $29, you get an orchestra, grand-tier box, first-tier center front or first-tier box ticket (a $62 value).
- For $39, you get an orchestra row FF-Q ticket (an $82 value).
For 13 seasons, the New Jersey Performing Arts Center has attracted diverse performers and audiences to its celebrations of world music and dance. Balé Folclórico da Bahia entrances patrons with a kaleidoscopic swirl of percussion, vocals, and dance drawing from the artistic traditions of West Africa, Portugal, and Brazil. Combining flowing limbs with a rhythmic pulse, this wizard-free moving tapestry includes slave dances, capoeira, samba, and more. The culturally enthused can feel the earthen sounds pounding through them from seats scattered throughout the theater while dancers clothed in both vivid costumes and nearly bare bodies shimmy, step, spin, and Super Bowl Shuffle across the stage.
Please note that this performance contains partial nudity.
- Bale Folclorico da Bahia combines elements of slave dances, samba de roda, the martial art form of capoeira, and Brazil Carnival traditions into a spectacle of sound, movement and colorful costumes. – Sun Journal
- Balé Folclórico de Bahia brings their 38-member Brazilian troupe of dancers, musicians and singers for a spectacular display of color, movement and music in a thrilling program of Bahian folkloric dances of African origin, including slave dances, capoeira, samba, and Carnival celebrations. – James Cubby, MiamiARTzine.com
New Jersey Performing Arts Center
New Jersey Performing Arts Center stands firm as a bastion of live entertainment, opening the doors to its two distinct venues for a wide array of productions. Inside Prudential Hall, 2,700 seats fill the multitiered auditorium where ballets, symphony orchestras, and Broadway shows flourish beneath radiant lights and a domed ceiling. Victoria Theater, meanwhile, beckons visitors to its more intimate 500-seat confines for jazz concerts and contemporary dance performances.
Newark Central Business District
1 Center St.
Newark, New Jersey 07102Get Directions