A crystal-tipped wand traverses the face, removing dead skin cells and unclogging pores; it can minimize fine lines, age spots, and damage
What You'll Get
- What’s included: Crystal microdermabrasion with basic, collagen, or vitamin C facial
- About crystal microdermabrasion: An esthetician moves a pen-like wand gently over your face in short, quick strokes. The wand emits a jet of super-fine crystals in an effort to break up dull, dead skin cells.
- Potential benefits: brighter and softer skin in the short term, meaning makeup can be applied more smoothly. After multiple treatments, you may notice a reduction in sunspots, scars, and fine lines, as well as improved skin tone and clarity.
- Learn more about microdermabrasion
- The collagen facial starts with extractions and a papaya peel to oust any remaining dead cells before a collagen gel works to improve skin tone.
- The antioxidant-rich vitamin C facial uses products infused with Mediterranean lemon essence to boost elasticity and reduce signs of sun damage. All treatments can last up to an hour.
The Fine Print
About Balensi's Institute Skin Care & Spa
Featured at two star-studded award ceremonies in 2011, Balensi's Institute Skin Care & Spa makes everyday clients feel like VIPs with luxurious spa services. Guest pass by a water fountain and tropical plants as they enter a cozy, renovated bungalow that dates back to 1910, the same year that the Great Sphinx had her first microdermabrasion. Medical aesthetician Lorena Balensi performs most treatments—from facials to enzyme peels—with pharmaceutical-grade products. For more than 10 years, certified medical assistant Jean-Michel Balensi has applied principles of color theory, facial geometry, design/application, skin health and wound healing, anatomy and physiology to all aspects of his craft, servicing more than 3,000 clients. Applied one by one, his ocular artistry of eyelash extensions give eyelids the volume and length to attract compliments or entire butterfly colonies. Massage therapies include relaxing and healing modalities such as Swedish, deep tissue, stone, pre-natel, and sports massage. Garden fountains perform a liquid symphony for patrons who relax at a shaded outdoor patio.