A ballerina's graceful balance is inspiring to aspiring dancers, captivating to houses of cards, and vexing to bulldozers razing cliffside condor habitats. Behold adroit appendages with today's Groupon for one balcony-level ticket to Ballet Arizona's production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream (a $69 value), which will take place at Symphony Hall. Choose from the following performances:
- Friday, November 5 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, November 6 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, November 6 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, November 7 at 2 p.m.
Boasting lavish scenery and high production value, Ballet Arizona's interpretation of this Shakespearian classic is sure to engage audience members of all ages. The world's second-oldest romantic comedy (the first being The Iliad), A Midsummer Night's Dream follows four Athenian lovers that are being controlled by forest fairies. The magical and comical tale is conveyed through vivid costumes, complex choreography, and a talented cast of gazelle-footed gravity defiers.
- We should be grateful that our ballet company has so many first-rate dancers that we can field this many pairings in an evening and come away satisfied - even thrilled - by all of them. – Richard Nilsen, Arizona Republic
- It's AMAZING to me that a ballet company can go from startup to being a destination company is fewer than 20 years! But, BAZ did it in 15. – Charlie G., Yelp
As toes twinkle onstage, visitors can bask in the renovated scenery of Symphony Hall, which couples hand-blown glass chandeliers with a quartet of designer tapestries. One of the largest machine-made draperies known to man, the theater’s colorful Grand Drape symbolizes the renewal of generations, creativity, and library books discovered during fossil digs.
75 N 2nd St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85004Get Directions